Top 10 Dad Gifts for 2020
In 2020, our minds focused on important issues like the presidential election, the country’s economy, and COVID-19. And now the holiday season is approaching and our gift shopping lists are empty. That means the hardest to buy person – our fathers – may be disappointed if we don’t start finding a perfect gift for them.
The National Retail Federation’s 2020 Consumer Survey listed the types of gifts all consumers would like to receive this holiday season. Only two categories have increased compared to the previous year: DIY products and home decor. The percentage of people who want clothes, jewelry, books, electronics, and other items has actually decreased.
It is always difficult to buy gifts for men. They either have everything they need or they don’t tell anyone what they want. However, below are 10 popular “dad gifts” that will bring a smile to even the most stoic of fathers, husbands, grandfathers, and friends:
- Barbecue: Many fathers don’t like to cook, but they love to grill. It is likely to be upgraded. Grills come in all shapes and sizes, including gas, charcoal, electric, or wood pellets. Investing in a high-end brand might convince dad to grill a little more often.
- Storage: If the dad’s garage isn’t exactly organized, consider a modular storage system. Lockable tool boxes, organizers, and tote bags are versatile and durable.
- Cooler: Dads who love fishing, watching sporting events with the boys, or hosting garden barbecues need a good cooler that will keep drinks cold even when it’s scorching outside.
- Leaf Blower: Nobody wants to rake leaves or clippings, but it’s something dads do to make the curb more attractive. Leaf blowers that run on gas, electricity and batteries are equally powerful.
- Sunglasses: The nature lover has to protect his eyes. Polarized sunglasses protect dad’s eyes from harmful UV rays, eliminate glare while giving him a sense of style.
- Fishing Gear: Florida has some of the best saltwater and freshwater fishing in the world. The first step in daddy’s great fish story begins with a good fishing rod and a supplement to fishing gear.
- Insulated Mug: Fathers want their cold drinks to stay cold and their hot drinks to stay hot. You can’t go wrong with an insulated mug, mug, or bottle. Pick one in his favorite color.
- Folding chair: Fathers like to sit in the same place at the dining table and in the living room. You’ll also want to have a comfortable portable chair to open the tailgate, watch youth sports, and enjoy garden parties.
- Drill set: The most commonly used power tool is the cordless drill. Over the years, dads can lose or wear out accessories. Drill kits can contain multiple drills, drills, torque wrenches, batteries, and more, as well as a convenient carrying case.
- SPF fishing shirt: dads love being outside and being cool at the same time. Sports shirts made from modern materials protect them from the sun, wick away moisture and ensure that they look good.
Consider a screwdriver or ratchet set, tape measure, grilled grills and sauces, digital meat thermometer, brush, drill, fishing lure, or a hardware store gift card so they can buy whatever they want or need.
Buying gifts for men can be tricky, and it’s tempting to save the toughest gift for last. Get the latest newsletter to see which products are popular and get inspired. This really is the best way to learn what dad needs this holiday season.
Scott Hamblen is the Chief Merchandising Officer for Crowder Bros. Ace Hardware and Sunshine Ace Hardware, which operate 11 locations on the Florida Gulf Coast.
CLICK ICONS TO SHARE
Click here to post a comment on our website