Suffering from anxiety? Here are 5 health supplements you must try to manage your symptoms
You should definitely try these 5 supplements if you suffer from anxiety, Photo Credit: Pixabay
- Anxiety is a mental disorder that is associated with feelings of fear and worry
- Finding medical help is very important when you are suffering from anxiety
- Here are 5 supplements that you can try if you want to better manage your anxiety
New Delhi: Anxiety can develop into a serious mental illness and should be taken seriously. Everyone has their own way of reacting to stress. In some cases, fear is a reflex action by the body when faced with stress. There are different types of fear associated with fear – like the fear of failure, the fear of missing out, the fear of rejection, the fear of injury, and many others. Severe anxiety can make you feel uncomfortable and restless. This can also seriously affect your physical health.
People who suffer from anxiety have lingering thoughts of worry and fear. Sometimes it doesn’t go away and it can get worse if you don’t know how to deal with it. The symptoms of anxiety are palpitations, sweating, tremors, irritability, drowsiness, and extreme stress. You need to know how to overcome your fear. There are certain things to keep in mind when you have an anxiety attack. You should never be alone while going through an anxiety attack, you should always talk to someone, listen to music, take deep breaths, try to distract your mind, or go for a walk. Fear can be scary, but you should remember that it is not impossible to overcome. With proper knowledge and willpower, you can easily overcome fears.
5 Supplements To Treat Anxiety Symptoms
- Vitamin D- Vitamin D plays a vital role in maintaining your mental health. It helps regulate mood and treats all types of mood disorders. A lack of vitamin D can cause anxiety and depression. You can get vitamin D from sunlight or from eating foods that contain this vitamin. Milk is a great source of vitamin D. Doctors recommend consuming this vitamin as it is responsible for your brain health.
- Vitamin B12- Vitamin B12 reduces the stress in your body. It is known to treat anxiety and depression. You can find vitamin B12 mainly in animal sources. This vitamin produces happiness hormones and regulates your mood. It’s also beneficial for your nervous system.
- Magnesium- It is one of the most important minerals your body needs and it plays an important role in treating mental disorders such as anxiety. It improves anxiety in people. It keeps your brain healthy. Magnesium is responsible for the chemical reactions in your brain. Hence, you need to consume magnesium in good amounts when suffering from anxiety. You can find magnesium in dark chocolates, spinach, cashews, and almonds.
- Vitamin C- Vitamin C offers a benefit to people who suffer from mental illnesses such as depression and anxiety. It relieves your anxiety symptoms. If you suffer from anxiety, you need to get enough vitamin C as this will help keep you mentally fit. You feel fresh and full of energy.
- Chamomile- Chamomile is known for its calming effects. It will help you calm down and ease your anxiety. Chamomile is consumed with tea for the best results. It is famous for its anti-anxiety properties. You will feel light and stress free.
Disclaimer: The tips and suggestions in the article are for general informational purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. Always ask your doctor or nutritionist before starting any fitness program or making changes to your diet.
Get the latest health news, healthy eating, weight loss, yoga and fitness tips, and more updates on Times Now